Rail tie Lateral Resistance Plates are fitted to improve track stability and are suitable for both LRT and heavy rail applications.
Particularly useful for tight radius curves, areas where ballast shoulders are lacking or in areas of numerous switches.
The increase in lateral stability provided can overcome track buckling issues, maintain key gauge clearance in stations and around structures whilst reducing the frequency of tamping required.
Recommended to be installed on every or every other tie dependent on the level of track stability improvement required and the local site conditions
BENEFITS OF LATERAL RESISTANCE PLATES
• Vertical ‘spades’ installed directly into compacted or new ballast
providing increased stability and lateral resistance
• Faster installation, with vertical ‘spades’ retrofitted without the need
for large scale ballast excavation.
• They come apart for assembly so individual components are able to
be handled by one person. Total product weight 25kg.
• Heavy duty construction allows for easy fitment and very low
maintenance with a long product life
• Can be installed without specialist tools
• Available as end or center fit for a range of tie sizes
• Suitable for both wood and concrete ties
Available for delivery across Canada and USA