Hitachi Rail is a global leader in passenger rail systems, designing, building, operating and maintaining Railway and Mass Transit solutions that range from fully integrated turnkey solutions to traditional signalling systems.
These systems can include any of the technological subsystems that make up a transport system, including signalling, power supply, telecommunications, rolling stock and other technologies.
Hitachi Rail has an advanced record of implementing advanced technologies on major signalling projects such as:
- ERTMS/ETCS solutions combined with high speed rail, conventional lines or heavy haul technologies for safer and interoperable networks
- Satellite positioning technology for safer and more accurate rail traffic management
- Driverless solutions to improve operational efficiency and flexibility and reduce operation and maintenance costs
- CBTC signalling technology to increase performance and reduce headway through a real moving block
- Broad components portfolio covering all aspects of signalling and systems solutions (such as switch machines, signals, level crossings and relays)
Hitachi Rail designs, manufactures, installs and commissions signalling components, systems and integrated mobility solutions for the management and control of new and upgraded railway, transit and freight lines worldwide and acts as a lead contractor and turnkey provider on major projects worldwide.