Here at Montana Hydraulics we know that optimal track conditions rely heavily on ballast distribution and maintenance which is why our engineers work tirelessly to create innovative solutions which can provide a safer, more efficient and cost-effective means of placing ballast. After 18 months of engineering and 4 built prototypes we are proud to introduce our center mounted bi-directional ballast plow designed specifically for increased safety and efficiency when distributing ballast.
• Can be deployed or retracted by one person from either side of the car- previous plows required two people
• Eliminates the need for a regulator to operate behind the train freeing the equipment to perform other work
• Eliminates the need to handle drag ties which increases safety dramatically
• Moves excess rock out to a width of 9’6″-the widest in the industry
• Rail tamping equipment with minimal ground clearance such as the 6700 tamper can follow a rock train and begin tamping with no other equipment needed to clear the rock off the track
• The plow is designed to screet off ballast level with the top of the rail and move excess rock out to the edge of the ties where it can be used in elevating the track.