Landscape Rail Ties
Available from Nevada Railroad Materials + Services
A landfill is the last place a used railroad tie should end up. We here at NRMS reclaim those ties for the landscape market. These salvaged railroad ties have a variety of usage. For example, a western rustic look in landscape, farm and ranch outlets, retaining walls, fence post, parking lot curb stops, border work, blocking, and crane mats.
AAA LANDSCAPE TIES
Premium quality tie. For those who require the best landscape tie available.
- 3-4 good sides
- Minimum plate cuts up to ½ inch
- Little to no end cracking
- Good square corners
AA LANDSCAPE TIES
Good quality tie. Great for retaining walls, parking lot curb stops, or fence post.
- 3 good sides
- Plate cut up to ¾ inch
- Minor end splits up to ¾ inch
- The most desirable tie in the market
A GRADE TIE
Basic quality tie for fence post, small retaining walls, border or edging work, or blocking.
- 2-3 good sides
- Plate cuts noticeable, up to 1”
- End splitting noticeable, up to 1”
- Still has a good appearance
- Straight solid tie
B GRADE TIE
Basic quality tie for fence posts, border or edging work, or blocking.
- 1-2 good sides
- Plate cuts noticeable, up to 1.5”
- End splitting noticeable, up to 1.5”
- Corners can be rounded or missing