Solar Ballast Car Automation Kit
Available from Herzog Railroad Services Inc.
The need to manually dump ballast cars for division maintenance or in an emergency such as scouring or washouts can be eliminated with installation of a Herzog Solar Automation Kit to the railroads existing ballast car fleet. The railroad would need to provide us with cars compatible with our kit then we would install at one of our two car repair shops in Falls City, NE or St. Joseph, MO.
Solar Ballast Car Automation Kit Consists of but not limited to the following:
• Removal and modification of existing doors
• New door rubbers on existing door frames
• Solar panels and mounting brackets
• Cylinder bell cranks and brackets
• Hydraulic/Electrical cabinets, side boxes and push buttons for door controls
• Battery installation
• Remote control operation is optional